As I type away at the blog post, I am currently feeling extremely hungover and a little sorry for myself,  I may have partied a little too hard as a bought in the New Year last night (it's New Years Day as I write this), but despite my (self-inflicted) banging headache and horrendous nausea, it feels bloody good to be writing a blog post. I disappeared a little from my blog towards the end of 2016 as I broke my beloved MacBook, it took me a while to find out if it could be repaired and to look into my options when it came to purchasing a new one. Anyway, my new Macbook Pro has finally arrived, just in time for the New Year.

I love making New Year's resolutions and setting myself goals when a new year rolls in. I think it's a great way to reflect and figure out how you can better yourself.

Quite a few goals have popped into my head over the last few days,  and I feel as though if I write them down my they are more likely to be ones I stick to, rather than forget by the time we get into February. So here they are:


- Be better at replying to text and emails... I'm awful for reading a message on my phone and thinking I'll reply in a minute, and they next thing I know two weeks have passed and Tom's asked me to go for drinks over a week ago. From now I'm going to try my best to reply to things as soon as I read them.

- No more social breadcrumbing... This is a term which I came across through Emma Gannon's newsletter, and I realised it's definitely something I do, from now on I'm not going to be that person you bump into who says we should go for coffee but it never happens, I'm either going to put dates in my diary, or not mention hanging out when we both know isn't going to happen.

- Be more proud of my blog and youtube... I often find I feel slightly uncomfortable when I talk to people who aren't in my digital world about my blog and youtube channel especially. I'm not sure why I find I feel slightly embarrassed that I make videos although it actually something I should be proud of. It's a cool hobby to have and I put a lot of time and effort into it.

- Take better care of my belongings... like did I seriously spend £300 on a jacket and then leave it on the floor because I couldn't be bothered to hang it? I need to start showing my belongs more respect, and putting them away carefully, where they belong. I'm going to make a conscious effort to make sure all my things have their own little homes, where they live when I'm not using them

- Save some money... I need to stop spending £10 on lunch every day because I'm too lazy to take food to work, I'm going to go to work with a packed lunch more often than not. I also want to be me more aware of what I'm spending my money on.  I'm going to set up a monthly direct debit from my bank account to my savings to make sure my money doesn't just go.

- Go to life drawing classes... During my final year of Uni used we did weekly life drawing classes, and I LOVED it. Since finishing I've been saying I'll go classes, but have never bothered to do it. 2017 I'll be drawing the naked people.

- Post spoken word poetry on my youtube - I love love love listening to spoken word poetry. I tend to get poems stuck in my head rather than songs because I'm a bit of a weirdo like that. I occasionally write bits of poetry which I post on here, it's not something I'm great at, but it's something I'd like to keep doing. 2017 will be the year I will force myself to be brave enough to post some spoken word poetry on my youtube.

- Meet more like-minded people, make friends... you can never have too many friends, right? It's always great when you find people who share the same values, interests and hobbies as you.

- Pass my driving test... It's really about bloody time I did. Life would be so dreamy if I could get in a car and drive away as and when I wanted.

- Go to an acting lesson... Despite my fear of public speaking I've aways felt curious about acting, so I'm going to book a lesson and go to see how I get on.

- Look after me more... Exercise at least weekly, build some strength, eat well more often than not, surround myself with good people, pamper myself and more self-love because I'm actually pretty great, so I deserve a pat on the back occasionally

- Keep doing me... Wear what I want, post what I want, write what I want, and say what I feel. I need to stop being embarrassed to speak up, and stop trying to fit in where I don't belong, or want to be, stop hanging out with people who I don't feel like myself around, and recognise the people who appreciate me for who I am.


I'd love to hear what you hope you achieve in 2017!

Love,
C x