Mac Lipstick Girl About Town
MAC: Girl About Town, £15
As you may or may not know, I am a huge lipstick fan. Usually, I'm a red girl, and the majority of lipsticks I own and wear are red. People often comment on how my lipstick matches my hair (it is not intentional, I just happen to like both my hair and lips red). However recently I've been trying to push myself to step away from that classic red which I'm so used to. I've tried out several new lipsticks, but my favourite has to be 'Girl About Town' by MAC Cosmetics which is a pink lipstick.

The Shade:

It's very bright, which is actually in my comfort zone (I know most people find wearing bright lipstick intimidating, I, however, feel the most like me in a standout lip) however, unlike my go-to lip colour, it's more of a pink than a red. I'd describe this colour as a fuchsia pink with a slight blue undertone. It's become one of my favourite MAC lipstick colours

Swatch of MAC Cosmetics Lipstick Girl About Town

The Formula:

This shade has an amplified creme finish which I really like, it's definitely my favourite finish of the few MAC lipsticks I own. The formula glides on very easily, and it's moisturising. When I've used MAC lipsticks with a matte finish, although I like how they look I've found them to be too drying,  they're uncomfortable to wear and more of a challenge to apply. Although a matte finish tends to last slightly longer, it's nothing too significant, this one is long-lasting enough for me.

I really love 'Girl About Town' by MAC, I  think the colour is beautiful and very pigmented. It's also more of a brightening, summery shade which brings a feel good-vibe to any look. It's a really nice finish and feels great on the lips. Overall I'm super happy I purchased this lipstick and can't stop wearing it.

What your current favourite lipstick?


You can see some of my other lipstick loves in this post, this post and this post

If you want to see more from me, you can also follow me on InstagramYoutubeTwitter or Facebook.
Follow